There are many hazards that can avoided with the proper forklift training, which is included in our forklift service. Our team of forklift sales and rental experts comply with the UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE) to deliver a high standard of service. This includes advising clients on ways to keep their properties free from danger.
Manoeuvring and Blind Spots
Our forklift service includes novice to refresher forklift training courses, enabling Crawley clients to get accustomed to the controls so they can confidently drive one of our forklift hire or forklift sales vehicles. A forklift truck has rear-ended steering, which is designed for tight turn manoeuvring. However, when turning the truck around, operators need to be aware that the back of the vehicle usually requires more clearance than the front. This will be covered in the forklift training to help Crawley operators avoid crashes, bumps and physical injuries.
Manoeuvring and transporting loads can result in blind spots, which can be dangerous to other members of your Crawley staff. The forklift training instructors will provide ample assessments to make sure operators can easily drive a forklift in reverse, which offers better visibility and safety for moving large, heavy materials.
Forklifts Tipping Over
• Tipping can happen as the result of the forklift speed, unsteady loading or overinflated tyres
• Before driving a forklift hire vehicle, operators should carry out inspections, including checking the tyres, battery and oil
• It is important to ensure the materials are securely loaded, without being too heavy for the truck to manage
To ensure operators are competent and safe to operate forklift hire vehicles, we provide forklift training courses to benefit companies and their workforce in Crawley.
Injuries in the Workplace
Our forklift service teaches operators to be alert for potential hazards, as well as being ready to make emergency stops or quick manoeuvres to avoid accidents. When it comes to preventing operator injuries, we supply forklift hire and forklift sales models to Crawley clients with an ergonomic design. The adjustable seating, steering, protective seating compartment, heating, air conditioning and even cup holders, provide support which alleviates workers from experiencing physical stress, fatigue or over-exertion.
Choosing the right model will deliver a superior forklift service, avoiding improper loading and injuries from manual lifting.
• Our forklift hire vehicles and brand-new or pre-owned forklift sales trucks are available in a range of models, ideally suited to the individual need of our clients in Crawley
• Compact, combi trucks can fit down narrow aisles, serving as a front and side-loading forklift for long, heavy materials
• Gas-powered LPG forklifts are fitted with engines for an enhanced performance, which can tackle rougher terrains and higher inclines
To limit accidents in the workplace even further, we can install complete warehouse fit-outs for clients in Crawley, Guildford, Horsham, Redhill, Paddock Wood and the South East areas. This forklift service will help to organise the perfect layout for combi trucks and side-loaders, navigating aisles with safety and ease. All our warehouse fit-outs are installed with BS EN ISO 9000 certified products, approved by the Storage Equipment Manufacturers’ Association (SEMA).
Incorrect Use of Safety Attachments
• Forklift attachments include jibs, rotators, carton, drum and paper-roll clamps
• Each attachment can alter the forklift hire vehicle’s clearances with extra weight, length and width
• Capacities need to be reduced to compensate for additional forklift attachments
• Extra weight from attachments can affect the stability of the forklift hire truck, which can be at risk of tipping over
At Gatwick Forklifts, we value health, safety and education in the workplace. To keep your Crawley workforce up-to-date on the required regulations to operate a forklift, we provide forklift training courses for beginners and refresher schemes for staff members with experience.
Our forklift hire includes maintenance, servicing and safety inspections to ensure the high-performance of our trucks and to prevent any accidents. We are qualified to issue L.O.L.E.R certificates, which meets the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER). Our company guarantee includes public and product liability insurance for up to £10 million.