With over 25 years of experience in the forklift industry, our team of technicians and forklift operators include instructors who are trained to the highest standards. We’re available for on and off-site forklift training, providing local workforces with the necessary skills to operate forklift vehicles in a safe and legal manner.
At Gatwick Forklifts, our specialists are fully-qualified to carry out forklift training courses as part of our complete forklift service. Clients in Redhill, Crawley, Horsham, Guildford, Paddock Wood and the South East will learn how to use a counterbalance forklift, which is the common workhorse for lifting and handling materials in the workplace. These courses are approved by the Road Transport Industry Training Board (RTITB), which focuses on improving efficiency, safety and risk assessments, and are accredited by the UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
Every year there are approximately 8,000 reported injuries in the workplace which relate to forklift vehicles, ranging from sprains and fractures to fatalities. To help prevent environments becoming hazardous, our forklift service team recommends professional training courses which are great investments for commercial and industrial clients in Crawley, Guildford, Horsham, Redhill, Paddock Wood and the surrounding South East areas. In addition to limiting fines and costs incurred by employers, companies will be recognised for their compliance with HSE regulations.
When carrying out entire warehouse fit-outs, which are approved by the Storage Equipment Manufacturers’ Association (SEMA) and BS EN ISO 9000 certified, new starters will be able to learn more about operating the right vehicle in narrow aisle spaces from the outset.
Our forklift service includes forklift training courses which cover theory-based applications, practical demonstrations, exercises, assessments and additional material, such as PowerPoint presentations and informative DVDs.
Our educational forklift service will benefit clients in Crawley, Guildford, Horsham, Redhill, Paddock Wood and the surrounding areas of the South East in the following ways:
• Understanding regulations, including Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) and Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment (LOLER)
• Introduction to the machinery, including the controls and components of main forklift models
• Learning about coolant, lubrication, fuel and re-fuelling systems
• Operating emergency controls and manoeuvring forklifts across on and off ramps
• Using pallets for loading and unloading materials, including managing different shaped loads for static racking
• Determine the causes of unstable forklift vehicles and undertake forklift inspections
• Novice Course (3 to 5 days)
• Experienced Driver Course (2 to 3 days)
• Refresher Training Course (1 day)
• Conversion Training Course (1 day)
The training courses we offer enable clients in Crawley, Guildford, Horsham, Redhill, Paddock Wood and the South East areas to operate the following forklift vehicles:
• Counterbalance forklifts, suited for manoeuvring rough terrains and transporting loads up to 25000 kg
• Reach truck and side-loaders, designed for narrow aisle warehouse spaces
• Telehandler or telescopic handler trucks, using pallet forks to manage large capacities of construction and agricultural materials
• Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWP), including scissor lifts and cherry pickers
• Articulated, Bendi and Flexi trucks, with pivot steer training
Forklift training schemes will allow your staff in Crawley, Guildford, Horsham, Redhill, Paddock Wood and the nearby South East areas to safely operate forklift vehicles as outlined in manufacturers’ manuals. Successful candidates will be authorised to operate a counterbalance forklift hire truck with a maximum capacity of 25,000kg at sites in the UK, which complies with the HSE Code of Practice L117. Following the completion of the forklift training course, candidates will also understand their responsibility to abide by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 regulations.